a bowl and a sieve
barley, buckwheat, chickpeas, kamut, lentils, mung beans, quinoa, rye, sesame seeds, spelt, wheat berries, wild rice
1. put the seeds in a bowl and cover with water
2. leave to soak overnight
3. in the morning, pour them into the sieve and rest it on the bowl to drain
4. every morning and evening, hold the sieve under the tap, then let them drain again over the bowl
5. when you see shoots coming out of them, they are ready to eat (1-5 days)
6. store them in a box in the fridge
7. if they don’t sprout, throw them away and try something else!
8. if you don’t like the taste of those ones, give them to your spouse in a sandwich and try something else!
don’t make too many to start with
try different kinds on their own before mixing them
look for whole grains/seeds in your cupboards, if they are treated, heated or split, they won’t work
sprinkle them into rice dishes and onto salads
use them in sandwiches/pitta pockets
sprinkle them on soups